Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

I'm Playing: Ocarina of Time (Part 2)

So, I'm still playing Ocarina of Time.

Last time I left you guys off right after I beat the Water Temple.  Now, I will admit that I was not enthusiastic going into the Shadow Temple - two terrible bosses in a row kind of does that.  But once I got into the temple and started experiencing its ambience, I was excited. 

I didn't have the Lens of Truth for the first half of the temple, which made it difficult, but not impossible.  So, I decided to go adventuring and do some of the sidequests - Gerudo Fortress, Big Goron Sword, wasting time racing around Hyrule Field because Epona is awesome, etc.  When I got a lot of the adult stuff done, I went back to a kid and planted a few Magic Beans and got the Lens of Truth.  From then on Shadow Temple was pretty dang easy, especially the boss. 

Next came the Spirit Temple, which is definitely the most interesting of them all, since you have to go to it as a kid and adult.  Overall, the temple was easy, with only the Iron Knuckles causing any trouble; the desert ambience - architecture and music - was great.  I'm a big fan of Mirror Sheild, mirror, and sunlight puzzles, so I was a bit disappointed that there were only like two total in this temple. The boss battle, Twinrova, was an absolute delight, though, and reminded me of Ikaruga.

As of right now, I'm just trying to get some of the extra Heart-Pieces and finish up the rest of the sidequests - then it's on to Ganon's Castle.  Duhn, duhn, duhn....


Favorites (so far):

Temples/Dungeons  -  Forest >= Spirit > Water > Shadow >> Fire > Dodongo > Well > Deku Tree > Jabu Jabu > Ice Cavern

Bosses  -  Twinrova > Phantom Ganon >>>> Bongo Bongo > Barinade >> Gohma > King Dodongo > Volvagia > Morpha

[Water Temple would be my favorite temple if the boss was as creative as Twinrova or Phantom Ganon.  Bongo Bongo was very interesting, which is the only reason it's higher than the other bosses. lol]


Thoughts going into the last part of Ocarina of Time:

The story is definitely epic - can't wait to battle Ganon.  As for expectations, I'd say they haven't been met, which has probably been ruined by modern, larger games since, as a kid, I thought this was the longest/largest game ever.

I haven't died yet, so let's hope I can keep that up.
I'm probably going to cry at the ending.....  lol


Next up - Ocarina of Time Review! 


[Part 1]

No comments:

Post a Comment